TROT is currently seeking volunteers who are able to dedicate their time to caring for the horses and helping maintain the barn. We also need volunteers who would be willing to work with the students during their lessons. horse related volunteer opportunities
NO PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Age 16+
- have reliable transportation
- Be willing to fulfill your commitment
You will potentially be responsible for the following duties:
- Cleaning stalls
- Assisting children during lessons
- Assisting clients
- Feeding/throwing hay
- Tacking/untacking horses
What you will be doing:
What we expect from our Volunteers:
Fill this out to sign up!
We have someone who actively maintains our scheduling for volunteers. What we need from you are the times and dates that you would like to volunteer, your willingness to commit. We can schedule ahead and we will reach out to you with the schedule daily.
What you should expect from us when volunteering with TROT is as follows:
- Show up for the MANDATORY training session... we cannot allow you to work with our horses until you do so. We ask this in the best interest of your safety, as well as everyone around you.
- Show up on time for your assigned time slot... it is very important that you are on time, as we work on a very tight schedule to accommodate out client demand, thus we must be as efficient as possible.
- Wear clothes that you can get dirty... you will be working in a barn. You should expect to get a little dirty, but sometime the dirt can be fun!
- You are responsible for yourself at TROT... we have a lot to keep up with so we cannot watch you to make sure you are on task. We ask all of our volunteers to come into the barn and begin your assigned work when you arrive.
- Please do not leave early unless you have spoken with a coordinator... we depend on you to be there and we can't be at our best if we do not have enough help.
- Have fun! Here at TROT we strongly encourage fun...we love our jobs and have fun every day, so we love to see our volunteers not only helping out, but enjoying themselves.
- Remember, you are around large animals and children with disabilities. We expect the utmost respect and responsibility from our volunteers, as it is for everyone's best interest.
What we are looking for: